Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

Review #1 : Yves Rocher Pure Calmille Gentle scrub with Bamboo Extract


Before we get started, please note that this is my very first review. So if there are some mistakes, kindly please ignore them, and if you have some suggestions please feel free to let me know.




The story behind….

I used to use my Bioderma exfoliating purifying gel for combination to oily skin, but I ran out of it so I needed a cheap alternative because the Bioderma was quite expensive, then I decided to buy the Yves rocher gentle scrub which is for all skin type.
Let’s see how it works…….

To be noted : I have combination to oily skin, it gets drier in the winter time.


Description at the back of the product:

This very fresh scrub with Bamboo grains gently cleanses impurities and eliminates dead cells.

Result: your skin is purified, clean and luminous.

Direction: apply once or twice a week on your damp face, avoiding the eye contour. Massage, then rinse thoroughly.

Packing

comes in a very nice tube, cute packaging I must say. Can easily take out the product.
It is also hygienic.
Tube: 75 ml; 2.5 fl.oz. ------- Enough products.




My experience:

This is a very gentle scrub as the name of the product states. The exfoliating beads are really gentle; it’s more of gel consistency. It is scented which might be a problem for people who do not like scented product but for me it’s not an issue.
I must say that this is a really good product, after using it my skin felt so soft and it gave my skin a nice glow. It leaves the skin feeling refreshed.
The best thing about this scrub is that, it is organic; it consists of purely natural ingredients.
Key botanicals are camomile extract, bamboo extract and cornflower water and there are no animal ingredients.
Also tested under dermatological supervision.

How I use it?

I use this scrub twice a week as recommended on damp face followed by a mask to close my pores.
Note: it is recommended to use a mask after exfoliating your face.

Pros:

  • Cheap, available at Yves rocher for £8.00.
  • Very gentle; great for people having sensitive skin, will not irritate the skin very much.
  • Organic; no harsh chemicals.
  • Do not need much product, a little bit goes a long way.
  • Leaves the skin feeling soft and glowy.
  • Has a fresh and invigorating fragrance.

Cons:

Couldn’t find any except that for some people the scent might be a problem.
Also it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate which may dry out the skin but it is not that harsh on your skin, here it is rather mild.
I recommend moisturizing after use.

Final verdict

Well this great cheap alternative if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on expensive scrubs, it gets the job done. For people with less problematic skin, this would be perfect, as remember even if you have clear skin, it is important to exfoliate so as to remove the dead skin cells from your face.
It is a good scrub but not the best product.
Whether I will repurchase it?
About 70% sure, because I like to experiment with new products, so I might not end up repurchasing this.

see more reviews of people here : http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/skin-care/normal-skin/gentle-scrub-with-bamboo-grains/ .

The impact of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ( not related to this post, just generally for your kind info):
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100130125637AAzRsdG .
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-sodium-lauryl-sulfate-harms-you-6881146.html?cat=5 .


Thank you so much if you have taken the time to read this post.
xoxo
ayeesha ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment